By:

Susan Appleton

Thursday, July 24, 2014

www.figment.com

Here is my third choice of favorites from the 2014 AASL's Top Websites.  I fell in LOVE with this website because I absolutely LOVE Writing!!!!!  I have kept a journal since I was in 5th-grade (I'm on journal #16 now!) so when I opened up this website and discovered that this one gives students a chance to publish their writings, I was mesmerized.  Students can go in and look up topics that are being written about and join the list of published authors as they create their own original work.  How EXCITING that is to have  a forum to share your writing with others!  This website also has contests and the one that I looked at for July gives them a prompt and they are to create something using 750 words or less.  Such a creative outlet for the students in the classroom who truly enjoy the art of creative writing and are looking for an authentic way to put their work out there for others to read.  I read five published works ABOUT journal writing and really enjoyed them!  I love this website!!!!!!
www.figment.com

No comments:

Post a Comment