By:

Susan Appleton

Thursday, July 24, 2014

www.canva.com

Here is another website that I played around with from the 2014 AASL Best Websites.  It is called Canva and you can EASILY design posters, flyers, etc. and add either your own pictures or pictures that they have (most of them cost $1.00 each).  I had a ball designing a poster for our school's Open House.  We are the Gibson Bulldogs so I used a bulldog picture that we have in stock and uploaded it and then chose free text features to type the information about the date and the time.  I chose the template of a cell phone since I know how much our students LOVE cell phones.  I did all of this in about 10 minutes, so it's VERY simple and fun to use!  Students would LOVE to use this to create posters and other graphics for concepts and skills they are learning in the classroom.  Here's my creation:
www.canva.com

1 comment:

  1. I explored this website as well - it is very easy to use! I love that you shared your creation. I was a bit bummed that so many of the images were not free - but the infographic style icons were mostly free, so that would be great to use with students!

    ReplyDelete