By:

Susan Appleton

Monday, June 30, 2014

QR Codes

WOW, I never DREAMED I'd be sitting here learning about QR codes and practicing making them! I think it was just a few months ago that asked my husband what they were while we were out shopping and I saw one. He tried explaining it to me, but it just kind of "went over my head" and I moved on. This week, our assignments include reading about them and learning how we could use them in education and specifically in the library. We also had to create one. So, here's one that I created on QR reader and it actually speaks to you. I did learn that you have to have a cell phone with a camera and you just download a QR reader (there are TONS of them). Having the reader will allow you to open your phone, line up a QR image and click (or it scans it immediately depending on which app you have). Then, you will be lead to an URL where you can see or hear or experience whatever the creator of the QR wanted you to. If you use my QR you will hear messages about our school library (oh and we are the Gibson Bulldogs). Pretty cool to learn something new! As far as how I could use this in the classroom or library. Well, for books, you can have students scan the QR and it take them to websites that book trailers or reviews. You could record your own QR's that have answers to problems or activities that you assigned students and they can use those to check their own answers. Here's the QR codes I created:

No comments:

Post a Comment