By:

Susan Appleton

Friday, June 20, 2014

Library Websites

This week, one of our assignments is to take a look at websites created by other school librarians and to start planning what we want to include on our own website that we will create.  I have decided to use weebly.com to make my website, but I found it VERY interesting to see what others have created.  One of the websites I looked at was for an elementary school in Hawaii.  It was http://halekulalibrary.weebly.com/ and I loved looking at it because it was simple to use and the librarian had posted a lot of things that the students were doing in the library.  She also had things they could do and I particularly liked one activity where they could go to a blog and write suggestions for a new library that is going to be constructed at their school.  I thought it was very neat how she wanted student input!  The website design was very easy to use, not too cluttered, and really reflected what the students in the library are doing.
Another website I found was http://lowelibrary.weebly.com/ and I liked this one because it was also very organized, easy to maneuver around in, and had enough on it to make it appealing to the eye without being cluttered and confusing.  These are some of things I need to keep in mind when I create my website.  Some of the other websites I checked out were just too colorful and had too much on the page which made me feel a bit overwhelmed trying to get around on the website. 

3 comments:

  1. Both of the websites you found are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sites. I like the color scheme of the Lowe Library site - and thought it was funny that it included a voki! :) What a great way to use this audio component.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first site had so much to entice the kids! Loved how involved they were!

    ReplyDelete