By:

Susan Appleton

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Design Decisions For My Blog

As I was looking at all the templates and design options for my blog, I tried to keep in mind the instructions in our textbooks to keep it simple and to make it appealing to my audience.  I chose the template with the dark background of maps since libraries are often the "maps" that lead its patrons to great discoveries about the world around them.  I chose for the text to be in white and yellow because it would stand out from the dark brown background and be easier for people to read.  I put my blog posting area on the left and made it larger than the other part of the blog where I can add gadgets such as my word cloud and my answer garden question so that the readers are drawn to the actual blog posts first.  I tried to keep titles short and concise so that readers know exactly what is being discussed.  Overall, I tried to keep everything in my blog neat, easy to read (including the fonts of the text) and welcoming to readers.

1 comment:

  1. great choices and I have to say I really love the side photo of your reading ambassador! This blog does make me smile. And what fun to have your answer garden in the sidebar.

    ReplyDelete